Resume: Sherman Shanklin
Nowata, Oklahoma 74048
(918) 273-2344 (Office)
(918) 521-4696 (cell)
- Nowata High School, Nowata, Oklahoma 1966-1970
- Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma 1970-1974 B.S. Degree
- Member of Class II "Oklahoma Agriculture Leadership Program", Kellogg Agriculture Leadership Program, Division of Agriculture, Oklahoma State University, 1986
- Degree: B.S. Animal Science (Production Option), July 1974
- Graduate hours in Animal Science from Kansas State University and Oklahoma State University -- Beef Production, Dairy Production, Swine Production, Equine Production and Range and Grass Management.
- College hours in Business Accounting from Rogers State University.
College Activities and Honors:
- Block and Bridle Club, Dean's Honor Roll
High School Activities and Honors:
- Future Farmers of America: Star Green Hand, Chapter Star Farmer and State Farmer Degree
- Fieldsman for National Hampshire Swine Registry, Peoria, Illinois
- Swine Herdsman for Rutter Farms, Shelbina, Missouri
- Involved in John Shanklin's Dairy, Beef and Grain operation
- Farm Management and Ag Real Estate Sales for Richard Wood Investment Company, Pittsburg, Kansas
- Farm and Ranch Manager for Rooney Real Estate, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Farm and Ranch Manager for John Williams Company, owner of Better Homes Garden Franchise, Tulsa, Claremore and Owasso, Oklahoma
- Instructor of Oklahoma State University Swine Farrowing School, OSU, Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Runner-up for Pork All American, State of Oklahoma, 1986
- Pork All American, State of Oklahoma, 1987
- USDA-FSA contract analysis work for Nowata, Washington and Osage Counties dealing with agricultural loans
- Actively involved in my own cattle and hay operation
- Judging of Local, Regional and State Livestock shows
- Appraisals for several loan institutions in Northeastern Oklahoma and Southeastern Kansas
- Associate Member of the National American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers
- A-10 Fundamental of Rural Appraisal
- A-20 Principles of Rural Appraisal
- A-15 Narrative Report Writing
- A-12 Standards and Ethics
- A-5 Administrative Review of Appraisals
- A-25 Eminent Domain
- A-25 Highest and Best Use
- Rural Residential Appraisal
- Ranch Appraisal
All of the above courses are administered and instructed by the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers.
- Several other State Accredited hours of appraisal courses by State certified appraisal schools.
- Member of the National and Oklahoma REALTORS® Land Institute
- REALTORS® Land Institute LAND UNIVERSITY
- Agricultural Land Brokerage
- Land 101: Fundamentals of Land Brokerage
- Site Selection
- Tax Deferred 1031 Exchange
- Land Investment Analysis
- Practical Navigation for Land Professionals
- Tax Implications of Real Estate
- Essentials of Negotiations
- Agricultural Land Brokerage and Marketing
The REALTORS® LAND INSTITUTE is an affiliate of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
- Completed several hours of continuing accredited Real Estate courses accepted by Kansas, Missouri and the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission
- Member of the Tulsa Board of REALTORS®and the Multi List Service, Tulsa OK
- Member of the Northeastern Oklahoma Board of REALTORS®, Grove, Ok
- Attended Ferguson Agri-Management Institute, The University of Tulsa, Division of Continuing Education (A 3 year program specific to the Agri-Business Industry)
- Attended and completed Dr. Stan Parson Ranching for Profit School which is taught internationally
- Attended University of Missouri, Forage Systems Research Center Fescue School taught by Jim Gerrish
- Attended Oklahoma Grazing Academy taught by Jim Gerrish
- Attended several Grass Management Seminars hosted by OKLAHOMA LAND Stewardship Alliance
- Phase I Environmental Assessments- EAA approved for "Certified Environmental Inspector"
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, owner and operator of Shanklin Farm and Ranch Realty, LLC exclusively dealing in rural property, farms and ranches
- Owner/Broker of RE/MAX of Green Country
- Licensed for both Oklahoma and Kansas
- CRS (Certified Residential Specialist) National Association of REALTORS®
- Candidate for ALC (Accredited Land Consultant) National REALTORS® Land Institute
- 2014 Broker/Owner of the Year for RE/MAX Mid States Region
- Member of RE/Max Hall of Fame, 2009
Served on Boards of Directors:
- Currently serving on the Board of Directors for the REALTORS® Land Institute, Oklahoma Chapter, "Chairman of Education Committee"
- Oklahoma Pork Commission
- Oklahoma Pork Promotions
- Oklahoma State University collegiate F.F.A Committee
- Oklahoma Oversight Committee-Oklahoma Pork Council
- Nowata County Farm Bureau
- Served on the Nowata County Conservation District Committee
- Served on the Nowata County USDA ASCS County Committee
- Graduate of the Oklahoma Ag. Leadership Program Class II, taught by OSU and sponsored by Kellogg Foundation of Michigan.
© 2001-2018 Reliance Network and RE/MAX Oklahoma.
All rights reserved. US Reg. Copyright TX-5-910-991, TX-5-910-992, TX-5-910-993, and TX-5-910-994.
Each RE/MAX® Office is Independently Owned and Operated. Equal Housing Opportunity.
The Miracle Home® Program, exclusive to RE/MAX LLC., allows a RE/MAX Associate to make a donation on behalf of each transaction to Children's Miracle Network. The partnership underscores Sales Associate involvement in the communities in which they live and serve. RE/MAX Sales Associates are unique in that a majority of the donations received by Children's Miracle Network from RE/MAX are the result of Associates' hard work rather than solicited from customers.